Missing a catch up over coffee and something sweet?
Until we can welcome you back, try our one bowl recipe for fudgy chocolate brownie cookies that you can try at home!
Fudgy chocolate brownies
60g cocoa powder
115g melted butter
3 tbsp vegetable oil
180g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
60g choc chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Mix cocoa powder, sugar, melted butter and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Add egg and beat until well incorporated.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and fold to combine - do not over beat.
- Fold in choc chips (if using).
- Split mixture into 16 rough balls and put 8 on each tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- When you take them out the centre will still be soft. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes then move them to a rack to cool.
The Centre’s Art & Photography Exhibition
The Centre’s Art & Photography Exhibition read more ›
Lanthorn Community Food Shop
Lanthorn Community Food Shop relocates to The Paraffin Lamp until the end of June 2021 read more ›
Hairdressers – Update
Hairdressers – Update read more ›
Shining a light on the kindness of friends
Shining a light on the kindness of friends read more ›
Messages of Kindness
The Centre to showcase 2021 Messages of Kindness read more ›
Celebrate kindness with The Centre
Celebrate kindness with The Centre - Competition T&Cs read more ›