Our shops play a key role in our work to beat heartbreak forever. By volunteering, your contribution has an impact far into the future…
- Last year, our shops raised £28 million helping to fund pioneering research – we couldn’t do this without our volunteers
- Our thriving shops are the face of BHF in the community, helping to spread awareness of our work
And you’ll get a lot from volunteering with us too.
Whether you want to:
- Support your local community
- Learn new skills
- Gain more confidence
- Make new friends
We will give you a warm BHF welcome when you join our team and the training needed to carry out your new role as well as on-going support as you volunteer.
We understand that our roles need to be flexible to fit in with your lifestyle and other commitments. However much time you are able to give to us, you will help to make a difference today and for future generations.
What is volunteering in a shop like?
Whatever your skills or interests, there’s something for everyone…
- Customer Service Assistants, Telephonists & Cash Desk Assistants help make our customers feel special
- Department Specialists coordinate our books, vinyl, accessories and create our seasonal displays
- Stock Room Assistants, Warehouse Assistants and Merchandisers make sure our shops and stores are full of great stock
- Volunteer Stock Collection Drivers, Stock Generators and Volunteer Recruiters get out and about in the community
- Digital roles for tech–savvy volunteers or maybe you’d like to expand your digital skills you can we have online recruitment and online listings roles.
Whatever your interest there is sure to be something at your local BHF.
Ask in store on how to apply.