Are you a driven and dynamic travel sales professional, looking to make the move to management? Would you like to work for a company that puts its people at the heart of its business and supports career progression and growth?
Multi award-winning Barrhead Travel is on the look-out for their managers of the future. We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager to join the team in our xxx store
It’s a really exciting time to join our business as we embark on a period of accelerated growth and expansion. We’re looking for an incredibly talented individual with experience in the travel industry who is ready to progress their career to a managerial role. Could this be you?
The role of the Assistant Manager:
- Lead by example and deliver on all personal targets whilst assisting the manager to achieve store KPI’s
- Inspire, motivate and assist with coaching the team and encouraging them to reach their potential
- Work together with the store manager to implement new, exciting and innovative ideas to grow your store performance and help make the brand stand-out in your local community
- You’ll be pivotal in driving the sales and profitability of the business in your store
- Stand as a proud ambassador for Barrhead Travel, ensuring positive brand promotion internally and externally
- Lead with exceptional customer service and have a real passion for people.
- Assume responsibility for the store in the manager’s absence
- Take ownership in ensuring the communication of our business decisions and messages to your team
Our perfect candidate:
- Previous retail travel experience and a genuine passion for travel
- Tenacious and driven with a proven track record of reaching and exceeding personal targets
- You’ll be a leader by nature, with the ability to inspire and motivate your team on a daily basis
- Communication skills are essential – we’re looking for an individual that can confidently communicate with people at all levels of the business and adapt accordingly when speaking with clients
- Confident and a self-starter – we’re looking for someone who believes in themselves and their own ability
- Flexible and adaptable to really changeable or reactive situations
- You should be commercially aware, with an eye for detail and competitor activity
What we offer:
At Barrhead Travel, we don’t simply offer jobs. We offer careers, with real development and growth prospects. We’re rapidly expanding across the UK with over 70 retail outlets and even more planned for 2019, which means there’s huge opportunity for career progression. You’ll also be joining a family of brilliant colleagues; we love working hard but we play even harder. Take a look at some of the many benefits we offer our people:
- Competitive base salary with uncapped earnings through our commission and bonus schemes
- Incredible incentives; from all-expenses paid bucket-list holidays and free flights, to iPads and Love2Shop Vouchers , there’s the chance to win great prizes every single month
- The opportunity to travel the world, thanks to our incredible worldwide familiarisation trips which are designed to enhance your product knowledge
- A Personal Development Plan and continued training and development. Tell us your career-goals and we’ll work together to help you achieve them
- Generous staff discounts for your own holidays plus discounts available for family and friends
- Up to 34 days of annual leave (well, you need time to enjoy those amazing holiday discounts, don’t you?)
- The opportunity to take Paid Overtime
- A hugely varied company benefits scheme which includes amazing discounts with high street retailers and access to child-care vouchers
- Personal life assurance policy
- Pension scheme
- The chance to attend some unique industry and teambuilding events throughout the year PLUS each year we host a company awards party to celebrate our fantastic teams and raise a glass (or two) to the coming year
- Charity is a huge part of life at Barrhead Travel and so all employees get one paid day per year to dedicate to voluntary work for a charity of their choice
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning company, selling a product you love, whilst reaping the rewards of an extremely generous bonus structure within a fun and exciting industry.
To apply, submit your CV letting us know why you’re the perfect fit and let us know your career goals and ambitions. Don’t forget to tell us about your favourite holiday destinations – you may have guessed already, but we love nothing more than a good chat about holidays!
For more information please call our Talent Acquisition Team on 0141 223 6655.